Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hitting the Road!

This past week was spent relaxing around the house, reading, and a lot of sleeping. I can thankfully say I have recovered from malaria. Thank you everyone who was thinking and praying for me. I was able to finish East of Eden by John Steinbeck this week and am close to finishing a Time to Kill by Grisham. The lazy days reading were something I have not enjoyed for quite some time and were happily welcomed.

I spent more time with the immersion students on Friday and Saturday. We got to meet with the head chief of Kumba. He is the top person in Kumba in the traditional part of the government. The government has both elected officials and then traditional member who are usually members of royal family. He said that the government is approaching a critical decision between the traditional way of things and the western influenced way of government. Really interesting stuff. We also visited an orphanage run by a widow. It was home to 19 kids and was very emotional. Very inspiring. Her faith was incredible. The group brought big boxes full of clothes, toys, and supplies for the house.

Tomorrow morning Geoff and I are leaving with the immersion students on a week long trip through Cameroon. Will will visit the coast, the capital and then a city in the north that supposedly is very scenic. We will return next Sunday. I am quite excited!

Spain or Netherlands?? Should be a great match!

No comments:

Post a Comment